One of the things we have demonstrated through the Met Breuer’s programme is that we are truly committed to these regions,” Wagstaff says, with shows such as surveys on the Indian artist Nasreen Mohamedi and the Brazilian artist Lygia Pape being crucial to building trust among growing donor circles.
History repeats. Right? If any proof were needed, the Met Breuer has it in abundant supply. Though conceived nearly a decade ago by Douglas Eklund, a photography curator for the Metropolitan Museum, Everything Is Connected: Art and Conspiracy has arrived in New York during the tenure of the most conspiracy-crazed president yet to occupy the Oval Office. Is that a coincidence? Or have I internalised the contents of this cautionary show?
- Our business model is becoming outdated, and we are losing out.
- We have difficulties growing and managing sales through our channel.
- We have become too dependent on a few large customers or a few orders.
- We struggle to differentiate our products from those of our competitors.
- We are not sure how best to use our rebate, discount and bonus systems.